Re: [TR] Silent block replacement - was Grease seals

To: ray@raysmg.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Silent block replacement - was Grease seals
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 16:22:26 EST
Well, here is an update.  I put the silentbloc in the freezer, and  warmed
the steering rod.  I chamfered the leading edge of the silentbloc on  a fine
wheel ever so slightly to make sure there was no overhanging rubber to
complicate the issue, smeared on some teflon grease and put the whole thing in
the
arbor press.  I got halfway in and the steel head slipped inside the  steel
bush
and mushroomed the steel bush.  Ask me how POed I am.   Well, I was thinking
about what I am going to do tomorrow.
Anyway I do have another.  What is the conventional wisdom on reaming  the
steering rod to improve the fit?

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO