[TR] TR4 doors: installation of tie rod?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR4 doors: installation of tie rod?
From: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 14:16:45 -0800 (PST)
Hi List!
On Feb.2, 2007; Jim Hassall asked the list about a
door's Tie Rod installation, [Fig.#61 in the Moss/USA
catalog] for a TR4.

I found this piece in one of my extra doors. Being
that the part is listed in the catalog as 'NA'. One
will have to make it, IF they lost that part.

Here is how you can make it from the measurements that
I took.  Starting with a 9/16ths" rod x 33 1/4",
measure out 1/2" & put a 90^ bend in it. Go another
3/4" with another 90^ bend [on the SAME PLANE- otSP],
then 30 3/4" put another 90^ bend [otSP],3/4" with
another 90^ bend [otSP]. You should have a rod with
two- 'J's' connected together about 30 5/8th's " apart
on the ID of this rod.

Each end [the 'J'] is to go around the outside of each
Window Channel, with the 30 3/4" length resting on top
of the Bracket/Window Stop [Fig.#62 in the Moss/USA
catalog] that's located at the bottom inside of the
door.

If you have any more questions about this, then E-mail
me. I hope that this is clear enough to understand.

-Cosmo Kramer

Need Mail bonding?

===     http://www.vtr.org