Re: [TR] RE: [TR] TRF S/P

To: triumph66@gmail.com, peketzu@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [TR] RE: [TR] TRF S/P
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 23:43:17 EST
In a message dated 2/7/2007 10:28:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
triumph66@gmail.com writes:

Rick is  right, and Dave Massey is right.  PVGP is a wonderful event with
just  the right mix of racing and shows.  Charles is indeed trying to  please
and balance the best interests of both crowds and allow VTR  travellers to PA
the opportunity to fold in SP that offers a good party @  The Coventry Inn,
Indiana, and the TRF  farm.

Ted

OK, I just have to chime in here.  Please not in any official capacity  but
just as what I would call an Old Timer Triumph Hobo.  I can  recall one year in
the old days of going to Colorado for a VTR National, then  traveling to
Canada for a Canadian Classic and finally ending up at SP in PA on  3
consecutive
weekends.  This may be a Big Fish Story but really we were  doing that sort of
thing way back when.

If Charles can pull off the week before VTR I would be in and would
certainly try to jump a Train to TRF before VTR. I have been to the  PVGP and
it is a
great event certainly of great interest to anyone who has never  been there
before.  If not and SP conflicts with VTR I would be absent at  SP. Could you
imagine the DVT folks asking, Where did the Chief Judge  Go?  OH, I think he
Split and went on to the SP Drag Races.  You know  he really gets into that
sort
of thing. And I do, I will never forget seeing  that big smile on that Guy's
Face in the TR4 Race Car as he passed me right at  the finish line one year on
the Strip to win Top Eliminator as  I was literally standing on the gas pedal
of my Spitfire 1500.  Even  if I stuck it out at VTR, which will be required
of me, I can't imagine  getting much out of SP if I left Valley Forge Sat
Morning and traveled the 232  miles to SP.

Just Me Folks,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org