RE: [TR] Painting brake calipers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] Painting brake calipers
From: ray@raysmg.com
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 08:13:23 -0700
Dave, I just did mine with the Duplicolor product; pick up a spray can
of the Caliper Cleaner as well. I brushed the paint on and it leveled
well; this was after initial cleaning with the spray cleaner. With
normal handling, such as piston rebuild, hose fitment, and mounting the
paint is a little delicate and you will likely, after mounting, want to
will harden more after heating.

NOTE - once you've painted the caliper do NOT use the caliper cleaner
spray again if you get grime or oil on the just painted caliper, it
will attack the paint (don't ask me how I know). Instead, use a mild
cleaner such as diluted Simple Green.

Ray

Ray McCaleb
ray@raysmg.com