[TR] SMITHS TT (Temperature Transmitters)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] SMITHS TT (Temperature Transmitters)
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 19:05:18 EST
Hi all,
Anyone have more accurate temp transmitter numbers than these I developed
below? (anyone got a SMITHS' chart!?!)

SMITHS TT3802/00A = 110 ohms @ 212 F  (early TR4 domed glass gauges)
SMITHS TT3804/00A = 40 ohms  @ 212 F (late TR4 flat glass gauges)
SMITHS TT3802/00A modern equiv
   ie; Commercial Ignition XT11 = 60 ohms @ 212 F (best available new sender?)

Just looking to get 40 ohms (if my used one with broken push-on tab is
correct) at boiling point for my late TR4 gauge... doesn't seem to be an
accurate
modern day equivalent? Vendors seem to sell the equivalent for early TR4 and
late TR4A (TT3802/00A)- not the middle 30,000 cars which should be (TT3804/00A)!

Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

===     http://www.vtr.org