RE: [TR] Brake upgrades on 55 TR2

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Brake upgrades on 55 TR2
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 07:52:34 -0800
> I will be going to alloy front hubs and am
> wondering if going to the alloy 4-pots, 12mm disks and the resulting
> reduced unsprung weight will be sufficient benefit to offset the  $$$
> of the alloys???

Depends an awful lot on what you plan to do with the car.  On the street, I
don't think you'll see enough benefit to even notice, let alone offset the price
of alloy calipers.  On the track, I don't know where you would be both
competitive and legal.  And cheating is probably not something you should be
asking advice about.

OTOH, should be fun, which is tough to put a price on.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org