Re: [TR] TR3 boot stay-rod

To: Kevin Thompson <kthompson@whoi.edu>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 boot stay-rod
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 18:51:01 -0500
On Tuesday 20 February 2007 09:40 am, Kevin Thompson wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>    as work continues on TS57144L (and soon to be O), I'm finding things
> missing from the boxes-o-parts that I bought this project as. It seems
> there's a bracket of some sort that holds the stay-rod in the boot lid.
> I have the rubber clamp set-up, but not the bracket that attaches the
> rod to the hinge bolt, (at the end of the rod with the hole in it). At
> least, I THINK that's what it does...I can't find any info about this in
> my manuals or catalogues.
>    So, would anyone have a picture of this attachment point, or perhaps
> a spare bracket (if one belongs there...) that they could sell? Reply
> off list if you'd prefer.
>   Thanks,
> Kevin T
> Falmouth, Ma
Kevin,

The boot stay rod fits to the boot via a rubber retainer. Same part as the
bonnet stay rod. Fits to the boot with a very large cotter pin. If you can
wait unti the weekend, I will go in the ultra frigid garage and take a
picture.

I believe the part # may be 602211 and TRF should have it in stock I would
think.

If you need the TR3 parts catalog in pdf format, reply off list and I will
send it to you. There is a picture of the entire boot with part #s etc.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org