Re: [TR] TR3 seat alternatives

To: twr@frii.com, sweb3@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 seat alternatives
From: BearTranserv@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 17:07:47 EDT
In a message dated 5/1/2007 12:43:27 PM Mountain Daylight Time,  twr@frii.com
writes:

So, no  answers to this question?  I'm interested in hearing the
collective  wisdom of the list on this topic as well.

-Todd  Richmond

Todd, I am far from an expert, but certainly TR4 seats would fit, so it
would seem TR6 seats would fit.  Fiero and Miata seats fit cars as small as
Sprites and Midgets, so they could be fitted, and would certainly give you more

support and comfort.

If your only concern is comfort, the Miata seats sell around here for  $65-75
each in the salvage yards.  It seems most are black or grey around  here.
I'm looking for tan leather for my MG.

I suspect most of list would rather  you kept the TR3 with original  seats,
but heck, it's your car, so do with it what you want.  You didn't  mention the
condition of the seats, but don't compare worn out TR3 seats with  new
replacement seats.

Robert B.  Houston
Texan in New Mexico

63 TR4

As he stared at her ample  bosom, he daydreamed of the dual Stromberg
carburetors in his vintage  Triumph, highly functional yet pleasingly formed,
perched prominently on top of  the intake manifold, aching for experienced
hands, the small knurled caps of the  oil dampeners begging to be inspected and
adjusted as
described in chapter  seven of the shop manual.
Dan McKay

===     http://www.vtr.org