Re: [TR] TR3 Retrieval

To: "William Beecher" <wbeech@flash.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Retrieval
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 02:59:12 +0000
From: "William Beecher" <wbeech@flash.net>
> 19 hours Salt Lake City-to-St. Paul: Exciting anticipation of acquiring a
> car that has been setting for 20-25 years
> 20 hours St. Paul-to-Salt Lake (headwind): Tired and getting more tired
> 5 hours with Phil Ethier to chase the car, parts and load up: PRICELESS!

I enjoyed it, too.

> Just wanted to publicly thank Phil for checking out this TR3 for me and
> taking time from his day to guide us around St. Paul as we chased the pieces
> of the car and engine and got everything safely loaded and on the road home.
> I am sure he does or will soon have new pictures on his web site!

I've been busy.  After you left on Friday, I got the new clutch slave for the
Miata (darn thing failed on me as I as instructing at an autocross school) and
put it in.  Saturday, on the local house tour all day.  No real zingers this
year.  I saw a lot of ho-hum renovations and a couple of "what were they
thinking" houses.  Sunday it was pay the bills and repair the passenger power
window on the Saturn.  Sunday night, a long drive with Sue in the Miata.
Monday night, put the door on the Saturn back together.  Finally tonight I got
to upload the pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier/sets/72157600080589980/

Bill, feel free to add comments.

This weekend, it is back-to-back autocrosses in the Miata.

Somewhere in there, I need to decant the TR4!

> Bill
> TR3 (TS30766)
> I'm going to sleep now.......

And about darn time!

These two knuckleheads refused  a couple real beds because they really like
sleeping in the shotgun seat of a moving pickup truck.

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,

===     http://www.vtr.org