[TR] Robbins Convertible tops for TR6 - HELP?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Robbins Convertible tops for TR6 - HELP?
From: Dennis N Culligan <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 14:22:37 -0400
   Has anybody gotten a Robbins top (black, ZRW but no reflec-
tive strip) for a TR6 from TRF recently and successfully installed
it?  The shop that's installing mine (a very reputable British car
restoration shop) just called and the new top simply doesn't fit.
The distance from where the rear bar fits (which is not adjustable)
to the first top bow in front of the rear window is an inch too short
and the side panels don't even reach the windows (the windows
should overlap these panels by an inch or so to keep moisture
out).  My old top (1989 AMCO that fits perfectly but has a busted
window zipper) is being put back on.  I am trying to find out if this
is an isolated incident before I call TRF.  HELP?

Dennis Culligan / Highland, NY/ 1976 TR6 CF57948U - TR6IUMPH

===     http://www.vtr.org