[TR] Tractor Story Wrap-up (related to TRs)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Tractor Story Wrap-up (related to TRs)
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 17:18:30 EDT
We all know that with our beloved TRs, "90% of fuel problems are  electrical"
but I recently applied the adage to my 30 year  old tractor and it works!

Just like a recent post from another List member, I had similar  sudden
sputtering and loss of power to the point that the motor stopped  running.  I
figured that since it is a lawn mower,  grass/dirt probably clogged a jet or
the
air filter so I started attacking the  fuel system.  All was fine.  I pulled
the
flywheel and looked at  the points - rubbing block was worn way down and
points were probably at  .008" (should be .020").  I've been replacing
points/cond
at eight  year intervals except for these which somehow slipped past my
maintenance alert  window.

Oh well, got new parts and the old tractor is once again smiling in the
garage next to 6......so, whether it's a 4 cylinder spit or a 6 cylinder TR6;
remember the old fuel/electrical adage:)

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA   USA

'76 TR6 CF57822U