RE: [TR] Girling vs Lucas

To: "'Triumph list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Girling vs Lucas
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 14:57:25 -0700
> Girling = Lucas = TRW for brake parts.

Same company (although no longer part of the larger TRW conglomerate of a
few years ago which is now mostly Northrop Grumman) ... but I believe the
Girling branded parts are made in Europe while the Lucas branded parts are
mostly made in Asia.

Not sure if it's true or not, but I've also heard that the Lucas name is
licensed to other companies, so 'Lucas' branded parts may not even be made
by TRW.

Of course it's all subject to change, so YMMV, NFI, etc.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org