RE: [TR] Zero Voltage Mystery

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Zero Voltage Mystery
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 20:49:04 -0700
>       It just so happens that if your alternator belt is
> slipping, then you are running on battery power, if you
> happen upon a "Daylight Safety Zone" (Headlights Required),
> your battery will be rapidly drained.

With a healthy battery, you should be able to run the headlights for several
hours.  If it was "quickly" drained, then your battery is "tired" and
probably should be replaced.

>       Finally the question ... could Zero Volts cause the
> Pertronics to fail?  The coil?, the valve train looks OK ...
> and the car ran great above 2000 RPM.

It's marginally possible the Pertronix chose that moment to fail, but I
doubt it.  As Jim already posted, I'd suggest changing the plugs ...
possibly one of them is fouled or glazed as a result of the marginal/no
ignition.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org