Re: [TR] battery recycling location?

To: 70TR6@mindspring.com, 6pack@autox.team.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] battery recycling location?
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 08:05:47 EDT
In a message dated 5/10/2007 3:32:12 PM Central Daylight Time,
70TR6@mindspring.com writes:
> I've got an old car battery that I need to get rid of.  Does anyone know of
> places that will take these in rather than send them to the dump
> surreptitiously?

Most battery retailers will take them in.  Some will give you money for them.
 Here in St. Louis we have Electro Battery who will give you $1 or $2
depending on the size.

I don't know what the policy is at Batteries Plus but I'm sure they will take
it and recycle.  There is a lot of lead in those and that's worth some money.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org