RE: [TR] Trunnions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Trunnions
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 09:44:23 -0700
> Is there suppose to be some play in the trunnions (between
> the spindle and trunnion)?

When you say "spindle", do you mean the vertical link or the horizontal pin
that extends through the lower A-arms (which is actually the trunnion proper)
?  The horizontal pin should be a tight fit in the bronze casting; but a small
amount of play is normal to the vertical link.

> Is there any difference in quality of the repacement
> trunnions from the big three?

I don't know, but was not happy with the ones I got from Moss some years ago.
The plate on the bottom was crimped so poorly that it leaked even grease.
I'll definitely buy my next trunnions from the "man who owns one" (Charles).

Randall