RE: [TR] TR3a cockpit capping sequence

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3a cockpit capping sequence
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 09:33:43 -0700
> 1. Does the very rear capping that goes across the top of the
> seat back, go
> over or under the next two capping pieces, which go around the corner?

The center rear capping goes on the bottom, the two curved pieces go on top
of it.  Sorry, don't have any pictures or a reference handy.

> 2. Do the vertical fuzzy seals at the rear of the door
> opening simply get
> clamped between the hardboard piece and the body metal,

Probably different between the early and late 3A body.  ISTR the ones on
TS39781LO were tacked to a tack strip under the hardboard piece.

> and,
> how far down do
> they go i.e. what happens where they interface with the carpet?

Again, may be different on the later body.  But as I recall, on the early
body, they just end flat at the bottom of the door jamb.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org