Re: [TR] early TR4 OD wiring

To: Allen Hess <allenhess@mgcarclub.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] early TR4 OD wiring
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 17:39:43 -0400
On Monday 14 May 2007 08:09 am, Allen Hess wrote:
> This pertains to early TR4s, 62, 63, ?, and not 4A. I am installing
> an overdrive in a car which did not have OD. It is my understanding
> that the OD switch is on the right side of the steering column
> opposite the turn signal switch. Can anyone verify this? I also need
> the location of the relay. This may become self evident when I begin
> to place the wiring later today.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Allen Hess

Allen,

I dont have an od 4 but the 4's od switch is on the column opposite the turn
signal switch. Some members say the signal switch is on the left, od on right
and others just the reverse.

You wil need to have a similar escutcheon with the hole for the switch. Yours
is most likely a blank. I have seen these on ebay from time to time. I dont
think the big 3 have them available.

Dont know where the relay would go.

By the way, my non OD 4 has the light switch on the left.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org