Re: [TR] early TR4 OD wiring

To: "Allen Hess" <allenhess@mgcarclub.com>, "TR List"
Subject: Re: [TR] early TR4 OD wiring
From: "Geo & Kathleen Hahn" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 16:49:33 -0700
I recently did this.  based on some TR4s I looked at... the switch does go
on the right side of the nacelle.  I made a (sorta) D-shaped hole to accept
it.  You will probably find the switch provided has a flat spot on one side
of the threaded portion, hence the shape of the hole.

The switch typically provided is not the correct one for a TR4 -- it has a
black (rather than chrome) stalk and is somewhat angled.  I found that
mounting it with 'up is off' orientation causes it to angle back from the
wheel and thus reduces the possibility of accidently flicking it in a turn.

I believe the relay is mounted above the tunnel, along the lower edge of the
battery box.  There were exact measurements of the location in one of the
manuals (probably Bentley/factory) for dealers adding OD aftermarket.

Geo