[TR] TR4 door locks

To: Triumph Email List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4 door locks
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 20:16:24 -0400
Hello,

Just finished putting in the panel etc on the door. Then tested closing,
opening etc and I noticed that the door locks automatically upon shutting the
door. The gear like thing on the door latch always locks the door. Now I dont
have keys for these door handles so locking is not a good thing when the
window is up.

I checked the other door that is still open, (no panel or handles) and it does
the same thing.

I tried taping the locking mechanism open but the closing action always pulls
the locking gizmo down when the door is closed.

Is there a way to disable the locking mechanism when the door is shut? Or do I
have to always leave the window down!

Or get a new set of handles with keys.

Thanks,

Bob