[TR] TR3 steering noise

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3 steering noise
From: "barry papaleo" <bpapaleo@distributel.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 01:23:06 -0400
I've just rebuilt the front end on my 60 TR3 replacing all the bushings (with
nylon), ball joints, tie rod ends and silentblocs and now I'm trying to track
down the cause of a sound in the steering.  With the front end off the ground
I get a rubber binding sound as the steering reaches full left and right turn.
Unless it's necessary, I'm not that keen on taking the steering apart again to
isolate each part, so any suggestions or tips on what could be causing it
would really be appreciated.  Also, does anyone know if there a rule of thumb
for a starting point in adjusting the steering box, like maybe turning the
adjusting bolt in completely then backing off so many flats?
Thanks, Barry

===     http://www.vtr.org