RE: [TR] Re: Mechanics Gloves / was TR6 drive shaft question

To: "'Jeff Fenwick'" <jfenwick1@cogeco.ca>, "'Triumph List'"
Subject: RE: [TR] Re: Mechanics Gloves / was TR6 drive shaft question
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 08:11:41 -0400
 I use them but it depends on what I'm doing. If I'm trying to loosen or
tighten something where the wrench could slip and bust a knuckle, I put them
on. They also offer some protection when working in a hot area or a place
full of sharp edges. I used them for the first time this past winter for all
the TR6 projects I did: TBI conversion, removing gas tank, removing exhaust
system, removing radiator, rebuilding front end etc. First time I've ever
done this much work and never lost a drop of blood! But I agree that for
initially threading a nut, there isn't enough "feel" with gloves on. I think
I only spent $15-20 for mine.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection