[TR] leaking brake line

To: "Triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] leaking brake line
From: "THOMAS FANSHER" <tfansher@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 14:04:04 -0400
I installed a new SS brake line from the reservoir down to the splitter in
the TR3A yesterday.  It's leaking with no evidence of burrs. My thoughts are
that it's the stainless steel - very hard - trying to seat into a steel valve
- also pretty hard.  Anyone know of an extension in brass to seat both into
the old pressure valve and receive the new Stainless steel pipe with some give
in it, too??  Or any other ideas.....
I tried McMaster-Carr and they tried to be helpful but didn't have what I
needed with the "bubble flaired" ends.
TIA
Tom
61 TR3A