Re: [TR] leaking brake line

To: THOMAS FANSHER <tfansher@comcast.net>, Triumphs list
Subject: Re: [TR] leaking brake line
From: "Glenn A. Merrell" <StagByTriumph@tscusa.org>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 13:16:09 -0600
THOMAS FANSHER wrote:
> I installed a new SS brake line from the reservoir down to the splitter in
> the TR3A yesterday.  It's leaking with no evidence of burrs. My thoughts are
> that it's the stainless steel - very hard - trying to seat into a steel valve
> - also pretty hard.  Anyone know of an extension in brass to seat both into
> the old pressure valve and receive the new Stainless steel pipe with some give
> in it, too??  Or any other ideas.....
>
> Tom

Hi Tom,
It is probably not the Stainless steel per se, but the angle of the
flare. Early Triumph flares were a different angle then the angles of
today's gas line flare tools.  I will guess that the angle on the TR3 is
different then even on your TR6

My stainless steel lines were made by Classic Tube specifically for the
Triumph Stag.  They seal perfectly with no leaks using the silicone
fluid they supply.

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)

===     http://www.vtr.org