RE: [TR] TR6 in a commercial

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR6 in a commercial
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 11:52:18 -0700
> I saw a red TR6 in a commercial yesterday for "21st Century".
> That's a car insurance company.

Most car insurance companies will write standard car insurance for Triumphs.
Mine are insured with Mercury.  Since they have no charts for estimated
value, I have a "stated value" policy, where I have stated a "not to exceed"
amount for the car.  When I had an accident, they paid me the lesser of the
policy value, or the actual value of the car.

As it happened, the actual value was less than the stated value (my bad), so
they just cut a check for the policy face value & I got to keep the car for
salvage.  Worked out well for me, as my freshly rebuilt OD gearbox was fine;
along with lots of other goodies they didn't know about.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org