RE: [TR] Radio Static: Resistor Wires or Resister Plugs

To: <terryrs@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Radio Static: Resistor Wires or Resister Plugs
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 11:58:45 -0700
> And is
> there a recommended resistor plug?

I used Bosch WR7BP (which is a platinum resistor plug) in addition to the
solid wires with resistors in the cap.

Not sure, but I think what I suggested before is what I would suggest now :
Try one, and if that's not enough, add the other one.

Note that it is possible for alternators to put out electrical noise as
well.  If you can't kill the noise at the plugs, you might try temporarily
running with the alternator disconnected electrically (usually just pulling
the small plug out so it doesn't charge, no need to disconnect the main
wire), and see if the noise disappears.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org