[TR] Tight Steering

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <Bmcu@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [TR] Tight Steering
From: "wbeech" <wbeech@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 22:38:18 -0600
Still going through this car and I find that the entire front steering
linkage, control arms, shocks and bushings are all new.  I guess I should be
real happy as this could not have been an inexpensive procedure.  It looks
very well done with all the zerk well lubricated & safety wire in place.

My question is this:
When I drive the steering is extremely heavy, hard to turn and does not
return to center after a turn.  There is a little play in the steering
wheel, 3"-4"  side-to-side but I don't think that is related to the
stiffness.  When I jack the front end up, the steering freely moves from
lock-to-lock, just over two turns.  Could something be too tight that just
shows up when the weight of the car is on the wheels??

Any suggestions from the list are greatly appreciated.....

BillB

TR3 TS/30766-LO

"A bad day in your TR is better than a good day fishing!"

1:01 PM

===     http://www.vtr.org