[TR] Re: [Spit] clutch or thrust washer?

To: <jimmuller@rcn.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [TR] Re: [Spit] clutch or thrust washer?
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 07:51:03 -0700
Jim,
Before removing the pan, check the crankshaft runout before and afret the
clutch is depressed.  You can do this using a dial indicator on the front of
the crank.  Make sure that you force the crank back as far as it will go
before taking the first measurement and then have someone depress the clutch
and see how much travel the crankshaft has.

Of it exceeds specification, then you will have to tear into the lower end
of the engine.
(Don't be surpirsed to find the thrust washers lying in the bottom of the
oil pan).

Joe