Re: [TR] Wheel Questions

To: <Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Wheel Questions
From: "THOMAS FANSHER" <tfansher@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 10:28:01 -0400
Jeff, I went the way of the Panasports about  10 years ago.  I've never
looked back. I was driving on 48 spoke painted wires on the 3 and it became
a new car with the Panasports.  I did have to replace the chrome centers
this year due to rust, but John at TRF came through for me and for about a
third the price of a new wheel, they are like new again.  So I would vote
for some form of non-wire wheel. Less maintenance, less polishing time, and
longer life - in my opinion.  Liked them so much I got another set for the
TR4.  Or get some steel wheels powdercoated and go that route. Oh, I went
with the knock on panasports. There is some suggestion that you replace the
splines when you replace the wheels so you could just convert to the bolt on
type -- or new splines and wheels.  I use one of the old wires as a spare.
Tom
61 TR3A  -- Panasport knock offs
62 TR4   -- Panasport knock offs
73 Stag  -  aluminum wheels, too