Re: [TR] TR3 Tire Sizes

To: William Brewer <bbrewer@tvwireless.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Tire Sizes
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:32:04 +0000
From: William Brewer <bbrewer@tvwireless.net>
>       I am back to the perennial question of tires and tires sizes
> for a TR3. My last set were Michelin 165-15's that were more
> expensive that I would have liked. The only 165-15's that I find on
> tirerack.com are Kumhos for $32 each. The local tire buffoons what
> $65 each for the same Kumhos mounted & balanced. My best friend says
> use Vredesteins or something like that. Another TR friend got a set
> of Cooper Metrics.
>       Any other online tire sources with TR3 sizes?
>       What's the usual consensus these days. I should have paid more
> attention with what has recently been posted on the list.

In 2002, I put onto the TR4 185-60 Kumho tires from Tire Rack.  They balanced
up fine on the new Dayton 60-spokes.  I have picked up a couple of trophies at
vintage autocrosses and had the fastest time of day at a small autocross at the
Lake Superior Vintage Sports Car Rendezvous.  They are certainly good enough to
use.

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,