Re: [TR] Interesting cooling system web page

To: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Interesting cooling system web page
From: Art McEwen <amcewen2@cogeco.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 11:40:32 -0400
TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:

> amcewen2@cogeco.ca wrote:
>  my 3A is running considerably hotter then before.
>
> Do you have an original grille or an aftermarket one?
>
> Most aftermarket ones have 25% less area between the slats for air flow.
Aftermarket, where as before I had an original..

> Have you checked your timing?  retarded timing or a sticky advance
> that doesn't always return will cause overheating as described.
I've been dicking with the timing in order to get it to start on cool
days in the spring/fall so that might be a contributing factor.

BTW with the 3/8 from the pully hole timing method where should the
vacuum advance wheel be at the start of the process?