Re: [TR] OT - funeral music

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] OT - funeral music
From: Doug Hamilton <douglasehamilton@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 09:49:31 -0700
When my wife passed away two and half years ago at 44 years old, after a
5 year fight with cancer, she made all the arrangement for her own
funeral. One of the things people at her service thought was really nice
was the power point slide show she put together of all the people and
things she cared most about in life accompanied by the song "These Are a
Few Of My Favorite Things" from the movie The Sound of Music.
She closed out the service with two songs that she felt expressed how
she felt about going. One was "Time of Your Life" by Green Day.
The other was a really beautiful song called "Borrowed Time" by a Celtic
band named Leahy below are links to their web site and a sample of the song.
http://www.leahymusic.com/discography_lakefield.php
http://www.leahymusic.com/audio/Lakefield_BorrowedTime.mp3

I'm sorry for your loss, and hope my comments were appropriate.

Doug Hamilton

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net