Re: [TR] fuel pressure needed?

Subject: Re: [TR] fuel pressure needed?
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 21:41:16 EDT

> Pumping the gas pedal without the engine running does not squirt gas into
> the
> intake manifold.  Am I right about this?  The SU's need the engine running
> (resulting in fuel pressure)
> Paul Dorsey  60 TR3

Fuel pressure comes from the fuel pump. Many domestic carbs (if not all) also
have an accelerator pump which squirts gasoline into the throat of the car.
That's the pump the SU does not have.
Mike Moore

Looking for simple solutions to your real-life
financial challenges?  Check out WalletPop for the latest news and
tips and calculators.