[TR] TR4 Fan Replacement

To: "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4 Fan Replacement
From: "Geo Hahn" <ahwahnee18@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 09:25:18 -0700
Been on the road and off the list for a month... what'd I miss?

I need to replace the fan on the TR4 and for reasons of originality
will been using a stock fan.  It seems straight-forward but I have
questions about balancing.

If there is/are balance piece(s) in place do I just reuse them in the
same spot as before?  The manual is a bit vague on how any balancing
should occur and I'm not even clear whether the pieces are mainly
balancing the fan or the hub extension.

Using a couple of crude balancing arrangements the replacement fan
itself appears to be fairly balanced and I likely could improve that
slightly by removing some material.

The main question -- how critical is balance here and if critical, how
do I get it?

This is a non-race stock engine.  Driving style is spirited but not
aggressive though the car does see all-day drives at 3000-3200 RPM.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net