Re: [TR] TR "Standard" motor rebuild.

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR "Standard" motor rebuild.
From: <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:18:43 -0500 (EST)
MMoore wrote:
> Obviously, if I were racing or autocrossing, it would be a
> different story.  I'm becoming a fan of "stock is best"
> thinking any more.

I can't say I'd prefer stock over something different, simply because that
something different might be an improvement in ways other than pure
performance.  But I've always subscribed to MM's usage statement.  Unless I'm
competing, a small improvement in absolute performance isn't significant one
way or the other.  I do appreciate the GT6's power advantage over the Spitfire
for some situations.  But as long as performance is sufficient (and it is for
the Spitfire), I refuse to worry about it.  It's still fun to drive, but the
real point is this.  Were I to wish for another 0.5sec off the 0-60 times,  I
might as well wish for another 0.5sec off that, and other 0.5sec off that, and
other 0.5sec off that.  I'd soon run out of wish juice, not to mention money.
Better to enjoy it as-is.
--
Jim Muller, wishing for a new DBS, not expecting one
'70 GT6+, red and virile

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net