Re: [TR] Replacing rear brake cyls.

To: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>, "'Ed Woods'"
Subject: Re: [TR] Replacing rear brake cyls.
From: "Tom Note" <tom628@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 14:27:58 -0500
Thanks to all who replied.That's excellent informaton, and really clarifies
things. This list is just great.
It seems that the PO's "restorer", who rebuilt the entire brake system never
reinstalled the smallest of the 3 locking plates and then assembled the
other 2 in the oppposite of the recommended directions .
It was a bit of a bear to disassemble, and now I realize I'm missing the
smallest of the 3 plates. Everything seems like it should still be very
tight, but should I hold off final assembly and driving until I can order
that 3rd small plate? I don't want to have a safety issue, tho we've been
driving it that way for a couple of years now.
Thanks again, folks.

Tom

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net