Re: [TR] small donut wheel

To: dorpaul <dorpaul@bellsouth.net>, list Triumph
Subject: Re: [TR] small donut wheel
From: <fishplate@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 6:07:00 -0800
---- dorpaul <dorpaul@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>     The tire on it says 125/70 D15.  It lacks about 4" being the same height
> as my TR3's tire, so that's about 2" shorter to the ground.  Of course, this
> would tilt the car (don't know if that's permissable?) but, it might be ok for
> emergency use.

Using a tire like that on the rear will greatly accelerate the wear on the
differential.  Using it on the front will  make the handling interesting, at
best.  That will be OK for a short distance, but be aware that it will
eventually lead to trouble.  I don't know how long it will take, though.

If you can find a tire the correct height, you will be much better off...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net