Re: [TR] Installation of TR3A top

To: DLylis@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TR] Installation of TR3A top
From: "Geo Hahn" <ahwahnee18@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 10:09:59 -0700
On 11/26/08, DLylis@aol.com <DLylis@aol.com> wrote:

> 2.  Raise the bows and lay the new webbing over the top with the new
> webbing permanently fastened to the cockpit rear

How will you know exactly how long you want the webbing to be at this point?

> 3.  Snap the tenax fasteners to the windscreen and lay the top  over the
> bows.  One person must be inside supporting the bows and  pushing up to
> insure
> tightness while another person pulls the top tight and  marks the location
> of the
> two rear "corner" Lift the Dot pegs.

> 4.  Remove the top and install the two rear "corner" Lift the  Dot
> fasteners.
>  These may need to be done one at a time.

I think you will have fewer problems if you start with the fasteners
nearest the center line and work out to the corners.

FWIW (possibly not much) I have attached to your copy of this message
the instructions/measurements that came with my Amco top -- use these
as a suggestion, not an absolute.

> Robbins is very specific in paperwork sent with the top that I am NOT to
> call them and ask for installation instructions.

Can't really blame them -- hard to imagine talking someone thru this
over the phone (sort of like the movie where they talk a flight
attendant thru a 747 landing).

Geo

top-webbing.GIF]

http://www.vtr.org