Re: [TR] Installation of TR3A top

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Installation of TR3A top
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:28:15 -0800
I'm on the road at the moment and don't have access to my usual material.

But I would definitely suggest fitting the bows to the top, rather than the
top to the bows.  There is a lot more flexibility in how the bows are
fitted, than where the top attaches to the car, so to me it makes sense to
do the fixed portion first and then adjust to fit.

And as others have mentioned, I leave the rearmost top bow loose from the
webbing, to make installation easier in cold weather (when the top is tight
and stiff).

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net