Re: [TR] Wrenches

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Wrenches
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 09:31:29 -0700
> ==AM==
> I replaced it
> with the same style, which
> was when I discovered that they were now available only through the
> catalog and not usually in the retail stores.

So, was the replacement you received comparable to the old one?  I've not
tried the fine tooth ratchets, but every time I've replaced an old Craftsman
tool with a new one, I've noticed that the new one isn't as nice.  Even the
"thin wall" sockets are thicker than they used to be, so are ratchet heads.
The handles have more sharp edges to hurt your hands and overall they
generally weigh more (which can be a factor if you are working overhead in
an awkward position).

-- Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net