Re: [TR] Wrenches

To: <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Wrenches
From: "Tony Gordon" <triumph@2simpleusa.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 13:15:48 -0400
I really surprised that no one has spoken up for Harbor Freight wrenches ...
during the period that my teenage kids were loosing my tools faster than I
could afford to replace them, HF was my solution: cheap enough that I didn't
mind the odd breakage.  The impact sockets do seem to be very good, but the
regular ones will give up every once in a while.  The ratchets are torque
limited - they break before the bolt, unless it is the most inaccessible
bolt in Christendom, and then they work perfectly.  The rubberized
screwdrivers are a particular specialty; they never damage a stubborn screw
before they fail!

I must admit to a love-hate relationship with HF ... some things are so
cheap and quite good (the small DVM for $1.99 is as accurate as my Fluke for
the ranges it offers), but others are crap (the needle scaler that will run
for 10 minutes before giving up the ghost) ... sometimes, you do get what
you pay for!

Tony Gordon
72 TR6