Re: [TR] Master Cylinder help

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Master Cylinder help
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 21:20:30 -0400
On 24 Apr 2009 at 14:31, Randall wrote:

> I thought all Triumphs with a PDWA also had some means
> of showing that the light worked...
> No idea what the mechanism would be on a 70 GT6; but on the 71
> Stag the 'brake' light came on with low oil pressure as well.

Ah, you are absolutely right.  The brake light does come on with the
low oil pressure light.  But you see, the oil pressure light doesn't
come on until the ignition is switched on.  When starts up the engine
one (or at least, I) isn't generally watching the brake light.  And
once the engine starts the oil pressure light goes out.  Whereas the
handbrake light stays on until one releases the brake, something one
usually does after looking around at the guages, the fule level, the
surroundings, etc.

In any case, it was a great day to drive the Spitfire to work.  It
would have been even better if I could've driven it somewhere else!

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com

http://www.vtr.org