Re: [TR] painting/cage nuts

To: tony@tonydrews.com, nafzigerg@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] painting/cage nuts
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 01:14:25 EDT
On the four British cars I've restored, I've learned to a run a sharp  new
tap through all tapped holes before I start to assemble. of course, I use
oil on the tap.

I try to avoid any and all oil on the car when I have it painted. I would
not want globs of vaseline in the paint!
I think I once put screws in the holes, but they had a an unpainted  rim I
didn't care for, and i STILL had to run the tap through afterwards.

Best, MIke Moore

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net