Re: [TR] 1980 Spit: vacuum retard

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] 1980 Spit: vacuum retard
From: "Nolan" <opposumking@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 10:20:05 -0400
I've done it.  Not sure how worthwhile it was, but I did it.

The diaphram itself can be patched or replaced.  I like that super goo
that's in the yellow tube.  Can't recall the name off hand, but you can get
it at parts stores and Walmart.  It bonds to rubber and is gasoline
impervious.

Sealing the shaft is harder.  I've done it with foil wraps, but that doesn't
last long.  O-rings work also, but they didn't last long either.  One could
fairly easily machine a sleeve, or get one from a hobby store.