Re: [TR] 1980 Spit: vacuum retard

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] 1980 Spit: vacuum retard
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 10:34:10 -0700
> Has anyone ever been able to repair a vacuum advance or
> retard unit.

I had my TR3A advance unit professionally rebuilt a few years ago.  Wasn't
cheap, but came back looking and working like new, including the funky
threads on the vacuum fitting.  You might enquire at your local independent
or NAPA auto parts store.

Or I believe Clark's Discount Auto Parts in Bellflower, CA can still do it.
(The place I used before is no longer in business; owner decided there was
more money in computer software <G>)

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net