Re: [TR] Tire pressure in a TR3

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Tire pressure in a TR3
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 20:13:32 -0800
> Im sure the factory pressures where for belted tires not radials

Since radials were available as an option, they pretty much had to list
pressures for them.  Book gives 24 psi front, 28 rear, for Michelin X tyres
(which were radials); with a note to increase by 5 psi if the car is
consistently driven "hard and fast".  IMO, US freeways count as "hard and
fast", so I'd suggest starting at 29/33 (assuming your tires are rated that
high) and see how that suits you.

I run mine rather higher than that; but then my tires and wheels aren't
exactly the stock sizes either; plus I'm willing to accept a harsher ride in
return for more precise handling.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net