Re: [TR] Valve cover gasket TR3

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Valve cover gasket TR3
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 10:16:26 -0800
> Justin Wagner at www.jmwagnersales.com has a great silicone
> gasket with sealing washers and nuts -- be careful to not
> overtighten and dent the valve cover.

I'll second Justin's gasket.  Note however that it can only be used with the
stock sheet metal cover; it won't fit with alloy covers.  It's also just a
wee bit more difficult to install, at least for me, as you have to set the
cover on and then poke the gasket until the cover falls into the matching
groove in the gasket.  But once in place, it seals perfectly and is
basically infinitely reusable (barring accidents like dropping a cylinder
head on it).

Also worth noting that Justin isn't always immediately available.  His 'day
job' sometimes requires his full attention for weeks at a time (and no
internet access).  So if he doesn't respond immediately, please be patient
and he'll get to you ASAP.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net