[TR] OT: Frame Paint

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] OT: Frame Paint
From: david brady <dmb993@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 18:09:34 -0500
Folks,

I'm in the process of painting a rusty frame, sorry not an LBC, but close...
POR15 is a contender, but I'm also open to alternatives that can be sprayed
with a HPLV spray gun. What is the current view on frame preparation and
painting? This is a vehicle that's in use, so sandblasting or dipping
isn't feasible.
The best I can do is sand, wire brush, and degrease. In short, not all
the rust
will be removed. I need a primer/paint system that can be applied over a
shiny
steel bust rust-pitted surface?

Thanks,
David Brady