Re: [TR] Fan extension, but for what?

To: amcewen2@cogeco.ca
Subject: Re: [TR] Fan extension, but for what?
From: tfansher@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:03:20 +0000 (UTC)
I can't tell the length, but a buddy of mine with a TR3 mounted a TR6 yellow
plastic fan. He had a machine shop remove 3/16" from the rear of the fan
extension and 3/16" from the front of the extension for a total of 3/8"
removed.
That allowed for the yellow fan to fit in a forward direction, some have
advocated mounting the fan backwards, anyway it's been on the car for a few
years and works extremely well in the hot Florida summers.
If this hub measures 3/8" shorter than the other, whatever it's for - it could
be used as above.
Tom
60 TR3A
61 TR3A
62 TR4
73 Stag

Subject: [TR] Fan extension, but for what?

Hi listers,

On the right is a fan extension for a TS60000 era TR3A, on the left is a fan
extension from ebay proporting to be for a
TR2,3,4. I know if I were to install it on my car the fan would come into quick
contact with the steering arm (if not
the chassis brace), any idea what it's really for?

http://picasaweb.google.ca/mcewena10/TimingChain?feat=email#5428229836982417426

Suggested annual donation  $11.47

Triumphs@autox.team.net