Re: [TR] Distributor bits

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Distributor bits
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:12:35 -0800
> looking for the p/n 503678 plate, clamp distributor   the one
> I have is pretty
> beat up and the clamp doesn't hold the distributor in place.

Check your distributor body carefully.  There is a lip that the plate is
supposed to grab, and that lip is frequently broken (due to overtightening).
If the lip is broken, the clamp isn't going to work.

> Also, it is fairly 'soft' so it may be that I can just
> straighten and replace the bolt/nyloc.

Should be a plain square nut, not a nyloc.

> Also, the clamp has residue of a gasket on it, but none of
> the manuals

No gasket needed here.

-- Randall

Triumphs@autox.team.net