Re: [TR] Distributor bits

To: "'Triumph car discussion Sports'" <>
Subject: Re: [TR] Distributor bits
From: "Randall" <>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 20:50:29 -0800
> The original distributor was set up to ignite the 95 octane,
> 1147cc motor.
> However, many folks have upped the cc's to over 1200.  Thus a new
> distributor is needed.
> Is this true?

No, not really.  Like I said before, there is some performance to be gained
by carefully matching the advance curve to your specific engine; but pretty
much anything will work well enough, provided you avoid preignition (aka
knock or ping) by either retarding the spark or using higher octane fuel.

I've covered a bunch of miles with 87 mm liners & the stock dizzy.

Suggested annual donation  $11.47